horizontal rule

horizontal rule

[ Nuradeen ]

[ Current Issues ]

[ Hajj Ahmad Mikell's Home Page ]

horizontal rule

The Global Collapse

Submitted by

Hajj Ahmad Mikell

October 25, 2008

horizontal rule

Twenty-five years ago I was the editor of a journal called “Nuradeen” from which this website takes it name. I attended a private lecture by a “prominent teacher and mujahid” who I will refer to as the “the Teacher” or “Teacher” when mention is required. The lecture was entitled “Who Rules the World?” Several of you in the reading audience may know who this Teacher is, but for some reason that escapes me now, we decided to keep this person anonymous, so I will continue to respect that decision. In this lecture the Teacher proposed a general outline of the power nexus that dominates world economics and finance. This lecture was recorded, transcribed, edited and included in the Spring 1984 edition of Nuradeen.

 

The gist of the Teacher’s argument was that the “sacred and mystical” myth of political democracy as enunciated by the nation-state enshrouds the world in a zero-visibility fog from within which it is nearly impossible to see the reality of how things really are. The real control of power devolves from a hegemonic cabal of financial institutions and mega-corporations that use the political machinery as pawns in their continued greedy, aggressive acquisition of money and power.

 

The Teacher concludes that,

 

…they are rationalizing the irrational all the time…they must keep it moving, looking for the tear, and mending it before it breaches…What we have confronted is a plan, a pattern of such complexity that it cannot be destroyed; it can only self-destruct by its own irrationality.

 

Sounds like a prediction of the current global economic collapse, doesn’t it? Maybe, but maybe it was just correctly reading the signs on the horizon which most certainly lead to the manifestation of the truth in the future.

 

In the earth and within yourselves there are signs for those who have certain knowledge.  How is it then that you cannot see? (51:20-21)

 

It is very difficult to enunciate the true reality of the global collapse that we are now engaged in. We are in the eleventh hour. The signs are all around, yet the majority of the world’s populace is absolutely heedless. They hear, they see but they pay no attention. They are like ostriches with heads buried deep in the sand of their internalized world view that has been fed to them in media sound bites. The movie “Matrix” is an excellent metaphor for this condition. They believe in the myth of democratic politics and capitalist economics which in reality are proving to be the demise of the world, the actual economic and physical eco-systemic collapse of the planet. We are now in an unrelenting quicksand which will radically transform the world as we know it. It may happen today, it may happen tomorrow or next week or next month or a year from now, but the end is near.

 

As Paul Farrell writes in his October 20, 2008 column for MarketWatch.com (produced by the Wall Street Journal no less):

 

Yes, we're dummies. You. Me. All 300 million of us. Clueless. We should be ashamed. We're obsessed about the slogans and rituals of "democracy," distracted by the campaign, polls, debates, rhetoric, half-truths and outright lies. McCain? Obama? Sorry to pop your bubble folks, but it no longer matters who's president… So you, me and the other 300 million better get out of denial. America is no longer a democracy. Voting is irrelevant. Best case scenario: We're a plutocracy, a government ruled by the wealthy, the richest 1%, the Forbes 400, the influential wealthy elite, while the other 99% are their "servants." Meanwhile, the inflation-adjusted income of wage-earners has declined for three decades.

 

The recent global financial collapse is just the beginning. What the Teacher broadly outlined in that discourse 25 years ago has now been brought to light with extreme and specific clarity.

Click here to download the full article in the PDF format.

horizontal rule

horizontal rule

 

[Added on October 25, 2008]

Hit Counter